Donna Franca Appears on Rachael Ray Show
A few weeks later, Donna Franca appeared on the Rachael Ray Show on Tuesday, Oct. 20 2015. Donna Franca, who has a passion for Italian cuisine, prepared a thirty minute meal on this popular cooking show and gave away a vacation package.
Donna Franca's Hotel of the Month: Certosa di Maggiano
To book your stay here, contact one of our sales agents.
Bid on an Amazing Donna Franca Vacation at the Italianissimo Fundraiser in Boston!
Donna Franca Tours is donating a deluxe vacation package for two to the Eternal City of Rome, and to the breathtaking Amalfi Coast valued at $11,050.00!
The auction is taking place at an annual fundraiser which will be held on September 25, 2015 at the Museum of Science, Washburn Pavillion.
Italianissimo Sotto Le Stelle is a celebration of all things Italian, and the proceeds of the benefit will help build the Italian Cultural Center of Boston.
This luxury vacation package will include:
To bid on this vacation package, or to purchase a ticket to Italianissimo Sotto Le Stelle at http://ficcb.it/en/support.
Donna Franca's Top 5 Destinations in Southern Italy
Majestic Vistas of Tuscany on Sale Now!!
Take advantage of our special offer to Tuscany!
Book your vacation before August 31, 2015, and enjoy the Majestic Vistas of Tuscany for only $1199.00 per person, double occupancy.
Our 6 Day 5 Night vacation includes the following:
- Five nights in a double or triple suite at the Villa La Nottola, a lovely country inn situated in the heart of the Vino Nobile di Montepulciano wine country
- Welcome basket of fresh fruit in your room
- Welcome drink with introduction to the area by your hosts
- Buffet breakfast daily, hotel taxes and service
- Three dinners with wine at the Villa
- Wine, olive oil, and cheese tastings, hosted by a sommelier at the Villa, followed by lunch
- Hands-on, 2-hour culinary class with English instruction at the Villa La Nottola Restaurant
- Visit to Enoteca La Fortezza in Montalcino, including a wine tasting of the internationally acclaimed Brunello di Montalcino, with admission to the fortress ramparts offering spectacular views of the Val d'Orcia
- Category EDMR VW Polo 4 door 5 speed manual shift with air conditioning for six days including the 22% VAT, unlimited free mileage, insurance coverage with zero deductible and 24-hour road assistance to explore the surrounding gems of Montalcino, Pienza, Cortona, Lake Trasimeno, and Citta' della Pieve
(A private, chauffeur-driven program may also be arranged upon request)
Top 5 Celebrity Vacation Spots in Italy
When high profile celebrities need to escape from their admirers and paparazzi, many flock to Italy for some well deserved R+R. Why not join them this summer for a romantic getaway! With the world's most exotic beaches, exclusive nightlife, luxurious resorts, and great cuisine, Italy will pamper and regenerate your body and spirit. Here are the top 5 vacation spots where celebrities congregate.
1. Lake Como. This lake has been a popular retreat for aristocrats and wealthy people since Roman times. George Clooney, Madonna, Donatella Versace and Sir Richard Branson all own or have owned villas on northern Italy's idyllic Lake Como.
2. Venice.The waterfront city is one of the hottest spost for celebrity sightings. Amal and George Clooney got married in Venice last September and spent their wedding night in one of the most luxurious properties in Venice, the 7-star Aman Canal Grand Hotel. Jay-Z and Beyonce celebrated Beyonce's 30th birthday in Venice and Brad Pitt and Angela Jolie own a Venice home.
3. Capri. Famously the favorite destination of Jackie Kennedy Onassis, the enchanting island of Capri continues to draw stars like Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux, Leonardo DiCaprio, Mariah Carey, Lindsay Lohan, Tom Cruise, Tommy Hilfiger, and the Ferragamo family.
4. Rome. When Derek Jeter visited Italy last month with his supermodel girlfriend, Hannah Davis, the couple chose Rome. With so much to do in the Italian capital, the couple got gelato, shopped at Chanel and Cartier and ate pizza by the Spanish Steps.
5. Tuscany. The Tuscan region is not only wine country, but is where some of the most famous celebrities own property. Musician Sting, fashion designer Giorgio Armani, opera star Andrea Bocelli, actor Richard Gere and actor Antonio Banderas all own villas under the Tuscan sun.
Our Top Five Italy Vacations
1. ALLURING AMALFI COAST- Spend your days exploring the shops and galleries of Positano, savoring the famous "Limoncello," a cordial made from locally grown, mouthwatering lemons, and make sure to take in the spectacular panoramic view of Naples from the ultimate Caruso rooftop bar and Garden.
5. FABLED CINQUE TERRE- The Cinque Terre are five coastal villages in the Province of Le Spezia in the Ligurian Region of Italy. Their names are Monterosso Al Mare, Vernazza, Corniglia, Manarola and Riomaggiore.
Why Visit Italy in the Fall?
Autumn is the opportune time to travel to Italy. Mild temperatures, the grape harvest and authentic food festivals are just a few examples of what Italy has to offer. Here are 3 reasons why you need to visit in the Fall.
1. Wine Country in Tuscany:
September is the month of the grape harvest in Tuscany, the vendemmia. Both small and large producers will be working full time to produce their wine, so this is the perfect time to go on a wine tour. While your in Tuscany, you can't miss the very popular Chianti Classico Wine Festival in Greve. The regions also offer delicious truffles, chestnuts and olive oil so there will be many souvenirs to take home.
2. Fall Festivals and Culture in Rome:
Like New England, regions of Italy get some of the brightest-colored leaves in the world, during the autumn season. The best places to see the fallcolors are in Italy's wooded national parks and through the countryside of Lazio, Umbria or Le Marche is a feast for the eyes.
July Hotel of the Month: The Relais Santa Croce
3 Venues to Enjoy in Italy in August
In August, many Italians take their summer holidays. Why not join them in one of these three must visit events.
La Quintana di Ascoli Piceno, Marche takes place the first weekend of the month and is considered one of the best festivals in the region. It is a typical Medieval joustling tournament which starts with a large parade. Participants are dressed in 15th century medieval costumes.
Il Palio di Siena, Tuscany is held on July the 2nd and on August the 16th. During the event, the 17 districts of Siena compete in a horse race event in the central Piazza of the city, Piazza del Campo. (see picture below)